Monday, July 12, 2010

Bag for My Cousin

My cousin Bev saw this bag
and she asked if I could make her something similar.  I was so honored that she trusted me to sew a bag for her.  She had a couple requests.  She wanted the bag a bit bigger so she could fit magazines and 8x10 folders for work in it. Also, she wanted a pocket on the outside, zipper top closure and pockets on the inside oh and some kind of green fabric.  So I searched and found a pattern that was very similar to my previous bag but was the right dimensions.  I used Simplicity 2685 and made version D.

Inside pockets

Pocket on outside with invisible zipper

Zipper top closure
I was really pleased with how this bag turned out.  It was quite the challenge since the pattern didn't come with instructions on adding the top zipper and outside zipper pocket.  The large button on the outside really makes the bag, I think.  My cousin really liked it and she said that she received lots of complements on it.  Nice!  I was in the process of making one for myself as my prototype for figuring out the pockets/zippers, but I haven't finished it yet.  Maybe I'll get back to it when I finish sewing for the Wardrobe Contest.

2 comments:

Tasia said...

Love the button tab detail!
Very thoughtful of you to sew something for your cousin, too :)

Troy S said...

Lovely blog you have