For my first top for the contest I thought I would do an easy tunic. Grrrrr this top frustrated me. First, the fabric had a rip in it that I had not seen in the store. This made it difficult to cut out my pattern. Luckily it's not too noticeable that the front is two pieces cut in two directions! Next, I struggled with the instructions when I had to sew the neck band onto the tunic. I tried for hours to figure out the instructions. I finally figured it out and finished up the rest of the tunic, BUT it turned out waaaaay too big. So it sat for weeks. Last night I decided to take it out again and try to fix it. I had to take in the side seams by 2 1/2 inches and the shoulder seams by 1 inch. It fits so nice now. I even wore it to a baby shower today.
Here is top 1 of 4:
|Pleats in the front and back add some cute detail.|
|The contrast neck band is unique but gave me grief trying to figure out the sewing instructions.|
|I can dress it up or wear it casual with shorts. My kind of top :)|
Link to my review