Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pattern Challenge: an addition

My friend is having a baby girl and I decided to sew AND knit something for the baby shower gifts.  I decided to post about the baby dress as part of my pattern challenge.  I still need to finish cutting out the jacket that I have to complete by my April 1st deadline!  Yikes! That went on the back burner for a couple weeks.
This is called the easy empire-waist top (6-9 mos.) from amy butler's: little stitches for little ones
I also used Amy Butler fabric that I had left over from makeup purses I made for my bride's maids. I hope my friend likes this fabric.  My husband thinks the outfit looks very 60's because of the fabric patterns.  I hope that doesn't mean it's ugly.

My second baby shower project is a knitted Love Cocoon. I'm using the Laurel Love Cocoon pattern. http://www.laurellove.com   I haven't finished it yet but I just re-started it last night.  It knits up pretty quick.  I like knitting in the round, it's fun!




It's for swaddling the newborn in.  Almost like a sleeping bag without a zipper.  I'll post a pic when it's complete.


On another note,  I just got my April edition for Burda World of Fashion magazine!  There are quite a few a BUNCH of patterns that I'm really excited about.  


This blouse (Burda 102) looks perfect for work.  I love how airy it is.  I'm considering switching out one of my pattern challenges for this one.  I think it will go well with another substitution.

Switching this one for . . .
this Cynthia Rowley skirt to go with the Burda 102 blouse. But I wouldn't do a shiny material for the skirt.

Here are some more Burda patterns that caught my eye:

 
I love the fullness in the sleeves of this blouse.  Such a feminine take on a basic button down collared shirt. 
 
 
 

That's all for now.  I need to finish my original 6 patterns before I dive into more.  I'm really excited about this Burda magazine.  It was an expensive ($80) subscription, but I think it will really pay for it's self with all the patterns it comes with. I hope to post more finished garments soon.

4 comments:

Sarah Seitz said...

It is REALLY, REALLY cute! I've always loved that pattern but still haven't tried it yet! OK, so I need more info on the Burda magazine. Does it come with all the patterns for those pictures you posted? Or do you have to buy them separately? How often does the magazine come? Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric combo, do share the pics when you put it on the lil one

Kari said...

This turned out super cute! Very nice work on the details.

Victoria said...

I love the little dress!

I enjoyed reading your blog...in fact, I went all the way back to your first post!

Love the blouse you made yourself and can't wait to see the jacket.

I also adored the favors you made for your daughter's first birthday party.