Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Recipe: Swedish Pancakes

In case you missed it, I did a guest post over at Come and See the Seitz



I shared a very special family recipe for Swedish Pancakes and I thought I would share it with you one more time.  It's that good. 

 
Ingredients:
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
dash of salt
1 Tbl sugar
2 1/2 cups milk
1 stick of butter (melted)










Directions:

Beat eggs till lemon colored.


Add flour, salt and sugar.

Add milk IN THREE GROUPS. Batter will be very thin.

Add melted butter
Let stand for 15 minutes.


Pour 1/4 cup of batter into a hot skillet and tilt pan to thin out and make pancake shape.  When edges are set, flip pancake.





Makes APPROXIMATELY 30-35 pancakes. Serving size is about 3-4 per person or more for the hungry guys.

We like to scoop some fresh juicy strawberries and whip cream in side, roll them up and drizzle syrup on top.  I also like to eat them with just whip cream inside and syrup.  Yum! 
Be creative.  Fill them with your favorite fruit.  I originally had this with lingon berries which is more traditional, but a bit too tart for me. I’ve never tried it, but I bet scrambled eggs and ham would be delicious.  On this day, we had powdered sugar, bananas, chocolate chips, mixed berries (from frozen bag) and some fresh strawberries smashed with sugar.



 
 
 
Yum and watch out! They’re so thin and scrumptious it’s hard to stop eating them.

Enjoy!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristie, i am going to try out this recipe tomorrow (yuuuum). My Q for is since there's only me and hubby eating, so we can't eat much at once. can i store the batter in a fridge for a few days?

Kristie said...

Hi M. Su-
Oh I'm excited you will try the recipe! I have a couple suggestions:
1.) You can half the entire recipe (3 eggs,3/4 C of flour etc.)
2.) make all the pancakes and just layer with wax/parchment paper then freeze or store in fridge for a couple days 3.) I think you can save the batter in the fridge for a couple days but I wouldn't go more than 1 or 2 days because of the eggs.
Let me know how they turn out.